Embarking on a road trip from Bangalore to Chennai in an electric car is a unique adventure that combines the thrill of exploration with a commitment to sustainability. Chennai, situated along the Bay of Bengal, may be known for its scorching heat and bustling streets, but it offers a rich tapestry of traditions, modernity, pristine beaches, ancient temples, and a delectable culinary scene. This guide is your roadmap to an eco-friendly road trip, sharing details about the EV charging stations.
Why Choose an Electric Car for the Journey?
As eco-conscious travelers, the decision to undertake a road trip from Bangalore to Chennai in an electric car aligns with our commitment to reducing carbon footprints. Electric cars offer a silent and smooth ride and the chance to experience the journey in an environmentally friendly way.
Electric Adventure From Bangalore to Chennai
The road from Bangalore to Chennai, covering a distance of approximately 346 km, unfolds a world of hidden treasures and natural beauty unique to South India. For the curious traveler, this road trip is a canvas of discovery that can be painted at your own pace. With an electric car, you’re not just exploring; you’re doing so responsibly.
Selecting the Best Time for Your Electric Road Trip
The months from October to February emerge as the ideal window for your Bangalore to Chennai electric road trip. During this period, the weather is pleasantly cool, offering comfort and tranquility. To avoid the scorching summer months from April to June, this season provides an ideal backdrop to enjoy the journey. Additionally, the monsoon season adds an extra layer of charm to your road trip.
The Classic Route From Bangalore to Chennai
Route: Bangalore → Krishnagiri → Vellore → Sriperumbudur → Chennai
This well-trodden path, stretching over 344 km, promises a 6.5-hour journey through pristine landscapes and picturesque cities. The road conditions are excellent, ensuring a smooth and comfortable drive. Along this route, you’ll encounter a wealth of attractions, including:
- Krishnagiri Fort: An ancient fort built by Krishnadevaraya in the 16th century, it beckons you for a trek into history.
- Kaigal Waterfalls, Vellore: Nestled just 2.5 km from Kaigal village, this tranquil oasis invites you for a leisurely picnic amidst nature’s splendor.
- Srilakshmi Golden Temple, Vellore: A true marvel in Vellore, this temple gleams in gold leaf and holds a value of 65 million US dollars.
- Rajiv Gandhi Memorial, Sriperumbudur: Pay your respects at the memorial where Rajiv Gandhi’s life was tragically cut short.
- Vallakottai Murugan Temple, Sriperumbudur: Explore a 1,200-year-old temple, a testament to India’s architectural prowess, housing the tallest Lord Murugan statue in Chennai.
List of EV Charging Stations From Bangalore to Chennai
Now, let’s focus on the heart of your electric car journey—the EV charging stations that keep your green adventure powered up. From Bangalore to Chennai, charging stations along the way provide the lifeline you need for a seamless journey. Here, we’ll take a closer look at the EV charging stations that dot your path, making your electrifying adventure possible.
EV Charging Stations on the Route
As you embark on your eco-friendly road trip from Bangalore to Chennai in your electric car, one of the key elements to plan for is charging. The EV charging stations along the route are your lifeline, ensuring you have a seamless and uninterrupted journey. Here, we’ll take a closer look at the charging stations that dot your path, making your electrifying adventure possible.
Starting from the Silicon Valley of India: Electronic City
You can start your trip by charging your EV at home to 100% and driving towards the electronic city.
- Volttic Charging Station at Infosys (24/7): Your journey begins in Electronic City, and the first charging oasis you’ll encounter is the Volttic Charging Station at Infosys. With round-the-clock availability, you can juice up your EV at any time, ensuring you’re fully charged and ready to hit the road.
- Recharge EV Charging Station on NH 44 (24/7): The Recharge Charging Station on NH 44 is another excellent option. Open 24/7, it provides the flexibility to recharge whenever suits your travel schedule best.
- Charzer Charging Station after Electronic City Toll Plaza (8:30 AM – 9 PM): As you cross the Electronic City Toll Plaza, you’ll encounter the Charzer Charging Station, a convenient pitstop for a quick charge. Open from 8:30 AM to 9 PM, it aligns with typical travel hours, allowing you to recharge while you grab a bite or stretch your legs.
- Jio-bp Pulse Charging Station at Kelavarapalli, Hosur (12 AM – 11:45 PM): As you venture further into your journey, you’ll find the Jio-bp Pulse Charging Station in Kelavarapalli, Hosur. With extended hours from midnight to 11:45 PM, it ensures you’re charged up even during the late-night hours.
- Shoolagiri (Krishnagiri): Multiple Charging Stations (24/7): Shoolagiri welcomes you with multiple 24/7 charging stations, including the Relux Charging Station on the Dharmapuri-Bengaluru road and the Zeon Charging Station at the D Square Mall on NH44. These options offer flexibility and peace of mind.
- Polupalli (Krishnagiri): Zeon Charging Station in Hotel Surya Complex on NH44 (24/7): Continuing your journey, Polupalli offers the Zeon Charging Station, conveniently located in the Hotel Surya Complex on NH44. With 24/7 access, it’s a reliable choice for recharging.
- Kundarapalli: Electric Vehicle Charging Station (24/7): Kundarapalli contributes to your EV-friendly journey with a 24/7 Electric Vehicle Charging Station, ensuring you have options to recharge whenever you need.
- Kathinayanapalli: Tata Charging Station on NH Service Road: Further along, you’ll find the Tata Charging Station on NH Service Road in Kathinayanapalli, adding another charging option to your repertoire.
Approaching Chennai: The Final Leg of Your Journey
- Vaniyambadi Toll Plaza (Tirupathur): Relux – Electric Vehicle Charging Station (24/7): As you get closer to your destination, the Vaniyambadi Toll Plaza offers a reliable 24/7 Relux – Electric Vehicle Charging Station to ensure you’re fully charged for the final stretch.
- Ambur: Relux – Electric Vehicle Charging Station at Sri Annapoorna Hotel (24/7): Ambur welcomes you with another 24/7 Relux – Electric Vehicle Charging Station, located at Sri Annapoorna Hotel, allowing you to recharge as you savor local delicacies.
- Pallikonda (Vellore): Charging Stations Galore: Pallikonda presents a cluster of charging stations, including the Relux – Electric Vehicle Charging Station at Sri Durga Bhavan Elite near HP Petrol Pump and the Zeon Charging Station at Hotel Aryaas, both open 24/7. Additionally, on the NH 48 service road, you can find the Tata Power Charging Station, further enhancing your charging options.
Arriving in Chennai: The Final Charge
Tata Charging Stations in Chennai: As you enter Chennai, you’ll find Tata EV Charging Stations at Vanagaram and Arumbakkam on Poonamallee High Road. These stations ensure that you have easy access to charging facilities within the city.
Time and Costs
Using a petrol car, the journey would take around 7 hours and 58 minutes, with petrol costs of approximately Rs 2570. In contrast, an electric car (e.g., Nexon EV or Tigor EV) would take about 8 hours and 23 minutes, including a 1-hour and 10-minute charging stop, with charging costs of around Rs 520. This means substantial savings of Rs 2050 when opting for an electric car. This clearly illustrates the cost savings when comparing traditional petrol cars to electric cars for your road trip.
An Electrifying Adventure Awaits!
With a well-planned network of charging stations along the route, your road trip from Bangalore to Chennai in an electric car is not just feasible; it’s an eco-enthusiast’s dream come true. These charging stations not only power your journey but also signify a greener and more sustainable future for road travel.
So, charge up, hit the road, and let the captivating landscapes and cultural experiences of South India unfold before you, all while reducing your carbon footprint. Happy and eco-friendly travels!